This hobby was started somewhere in the 80's of last century by Bert. He first collected stamps. But then it is easy to buy all last
years stamps in one single buy. No fun collecting!
Next step were sugerbags. But those were so common and available in huge amounts, it lost Berts interest very quickly.
The stamps were still in mind, and because tealabels look like stamps........ He started with the Pickwick brand and others which were
drunk in his direct environment. Collecting has been on low profile for a while, but because of the Internet, Bert picked up his hobby in
the nineties. He started to get exchange-contacts across the border.
Highlights of our collection
* The labels which started the collection:
* Teatag number 10.000 was:
* The average increase is approximately 1000 labels a year.
* Last two years, it was even over 2000 labels a year.
*      19.000            20.000           21.000
*      June 2008      Sept. 2008    Mar. 2009
* The biggest brand is Lipton. At the moment we have 1013 all different teatags from Lipton.
* Second place goes to Teekanne (including Pompadour) with 961 different labels.
* Third place is for Twinings with 483 labels.
* A Dutch brand is on fourth place, it is Pickwick with 405 labels.
He became member of “De Theeleut”, a magazine for teabag-collectors. From 2004 onwards, together with his girlfriend, he visited
teabag-exchanges. Ever since then, the amount of labels grew amazingly fast.
Through this site we will keep you informed about the progress (and counters) on our label collection.
We have provided scans of all the tea tags we have collected over the years.
If you have any questions, remarks or suggestions, please don't hesitate to send us an e-mail by clicking the “contact” button on the site.
To keep the collection up-to-date, we have a weekly job of approximately 5-8 hours. Especially since we also have to maintain this website.
This site is a nice way to make our collection visible. We had to, because on exchanges, it is very hard to distinguish the one label from
the other. This was also a goed means to start scanning all labels.
The site is build around all different brands, top be found left in the navigation bar. Click on it and you will be leaded to that brand.
More information can be found over there, if available of course.
Own a site?
Do you have your own web site?
Do you want your link on this site?
Please mail us.
Of course we want to be displayed on your site also!
Bert & Sofie
P.S. If you have any labels lying around with no purpose, send us a mail.
This website is running well in a 1024x768 screen resolution (or higher) and is tested on Internet Explorer 6.0 and 7.0 and also on FireFox 2.0